06 March 2009

Details, Details . . .

So I read this,

As he headed back home from Washington, Gordon Brown must have rummaged through his party bag with disappointment. Because all he got was a set of DVDs. Barack Obama, the leader of the world's richest country, gave the Prime Minister a box set of 25 classic American films - a gift about as exciting as a pair of socks.

Mr Brown is not thought to be a film buff, and his reaction to the box set is unknown. But it didn't really compare to the thoughtful presents he had brought along with him.

Being the cynical clod I am, my thought was that it's often the "smartest guys in the room" that have the least wisdom; I wonder if anyone on the uber-elite Oval Office staff knows anything about video standards and region coding, since video DVDs purchased in the United States will not work on DVD players in the UK.

Maybe we'll find out, maybe we won't, but I wonder still.

No comments: