06 March 2008

TSA - the New McDonald's

The torch has been passed.

The standard bearer for flunkie employment is no longer a fast food chain. It is now the agency in charge of keeping commercial aircraft from blowing up.

A sick teenager said an over-zealous security screener at Orlando International Airport put his life in danger.

James Hoyne, 14, has a feeding tube in his stomach and carries a back-up in a sealed clear plastic bag. Hoyne said two weeks ago a TSA officer insisted on opening the sterile equipment, contaminating his back-up feeding up tube which he later needed.

"I said 'Please don't open it' and she said 'I have to open it whether you like it or not. If I can't open it, I can't let you on the plane.'"

Sure seems like "I'm just doing my job" is code for "I have no ability to use the brain I carry around inside my head."

No comments: